Human Resource and Development Manager
The overall task of the Human Resources Manager is to prepare employment policies and procedures, oversee payroll and rewards and recognition programs as well as manage workplace safety initiatives. Along with administering employee-benefit programs, the HR Manager role involves finding, screening, recruiting new job applicants, and developing training and development programs for all employees. He/she will also lead and direct the routine functions of the department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
The Employee will work from the Omorate town, located at Dassenech wereda, South Omo zone of SNNPR, where the farm of the employer is located with possible visits to other various work places that it may need to operate at.
The Employee Reports to the Farm and Processing Manager.
- Develop & implement HR strategies & initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital.
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics, and
procedures across the organization.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the
organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provide support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Comply with any other responsibilities assigned to him/her by his immediate supervisor & management.
- A Masters Degree, or a Degree in Management or a related subject.
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience as an HR professional.
Number of vacancies: 1
Job location: Omorate