Reform activities in FRI-EL Ethiopia

New farmland development and facility improvement were sought as part of the overall expansion and rehabilitation plan of FRI-EL Ethiopia Farming and Processing.
We believe this will boost productivity and show the company’s commitment toward mutual benefit with the employees by creating a better working environment and its development partnership with the government by increasing its productivity and production.

FRI-EL ETHIOPIA Farming & Processing Plc. is undergoing a major reform in all aspects of its operations envisaging a productive, profitable, and all-inclusive development. Major reforms achieved so far include:-

  1. Reorganizing and staffing of farm site and Addis office departments with professionals having rich experience in the sector since January 2019. In addition to that, a professional consultancy has also been hired to update the existing organizational structure, staffing plan, benefits scheme, job manuals, etc. in July 2019.

  2. Although the farm can develop 1,500 hectares (15%) of its total area coverage in the 2018/19 season – which is an improvement compared to previous years, new 2,500 hectares of land or 25% of the total area coverage has also been developed for cultivation on the next season (2019/20) making the total cultivable land reach 4,000 hectares (40%).

  3. With cultivable farmland expansion, fulfillment of farm machines such as excavators, graders, loaders, and dump trucks has already been done from January to July 2019.

  4. Purchase of three double cabs, one single cab, and one ambulance has also been made to facilitate the expansion and rehabilitation of both on and off-farm operations from January to July 2019.

  5. Civil work for the ginning plant has also commenced in June 2019 anticipating erecting the ginning plant in August 2019 to start operation before the 2020 season. The ginning machines are all imported and shipped to the farm site.

  6. Based on the company’s strategy to have an independent and reliable power source for the ginning plant, irrigation pumps, and other operations that require electricity, the importation of solar panels with a capacity of producing 300KW is underway with a plan to start erection and generation of power in September 2019.

Share This Post

More To Explore

General

Innovators’ Incubation and Acceleration (IIA) Program

Fri-El Ethiopia is proud to announce the launching of its Innovators’ Incubation and Acceleration (IIA) Program. We are offering incubation and acceleration opportunities to a cohort of young innovators in agriculture. Our company aims to support research-based, technology-driven, and scientific innovations that are primarily targeted to increase the yield and quality of products in farming.